Yahoo email messages can be easily accessed over the web. The majority of users perform this action several times in a day and they never find any difficulty doing this. They do not find any problem as compared to accessing the same messages on PC or smart phone devices. Yahoo mail servers play an essential role in receiving messages through email client apps whenever you need.
The comprehensive Yahoo mail settings are quite essential to send and receive messages through an email client application like Microsoft Outlook and Thunderbird. You can easily setup and configure Yahoo account in the email client programs throughPOP3 settings.
In the third-party email client applications where Microsoft Outlook is topping the chart, the Yahoo mail POP settings, play an essential role in receiving the messages exclusively. The copy of messages is allowed to be kept in Yahoo Mail as a backup during setup of email accounts in the program installed on the device.
Yahoo POP settings detail to be used for configuration of an email account in Outlook or Thunderbird:
- Yahoo! Mail POP server address: mail.yahoo.com
- Yahoo! Mail POP user name: Your valid Yahoo mail username (it can be the complete Y! email address)
- Yahoo! Mail POP password: Your legitimate Yahoo password
- Yahoo! Mail POP port: 995
- Yahoo! Mail POP TLS/SSLrequired: Yes
How to Enable POP Access to Yahoo Email Account?
In order to receive Yahoo email messages in MS Outlook or Thunderbird, it is essential to enable Yahoo POP 3 settings.
- Login in to Yahoo account entering the sign-in credentials.
- Once you access Yahoo email account successfully, take your mouse to the Gear icon and click on settings option.
- Now click on the Account category and look for options within it.
- Click edit next to the yahoo email account details.
- Once you do it, the email details are flashed up on the screen.
- Do check that POP is selected as the default option under the option “ Access your Yahoo account elsewhere”.
- Click the checkbox if you want to receive spam messages in the email client app that are actually getting accumulated in the email
- Now click on the Save button to make changes effective.
Now, let’s move ahead and illustrate the steps to set up and configure a Yahoo account in different versions of Outlook as well as Thunderbird.
Setup and Configure Yahoo Account in Outlook 2007 or Earlier
- Open Outlook and select the File Tab
- In the Info category, select Account and then account settings seen in the drop-down
- Hover your mouse on the Email Tab and select New.
- Now start with the setup of an email account in Outlook 2007 with Yahoo server settings
– In the ‘Your Name’ box, type the Full Name
– In the Email Address section, type your Yahoo email address.
– In the password section, types the password that your ISP provides
– Again retype the password to confirm your authenticity.
– Click Next to begin the auto-account setup process with the help of Yahoo email settings.
– Click on finish button and then, close the Outlook interface
Setup and Configure Yahoo Mail Account in Outlook 2010
- Open the Outlook Application by double-clicking on the shortcut icon.
- Select File tab and navigate to the Info category.
- Now select Account category and then click on the Account settings option seen in the drop down list.
- Now, go to the Email Tab and select new
- Once done, get started with the setup of an email account in Outlook 2010 with Yahoo mail server settings
– Type the Full Name within “Your Name“ Section
–Provide A Yahoo email address in the “email address” section
–Now Enter the password twice
–Now get started with the auto-account process through Yahoo mail settings.
–Click on finish button and then, close the Outlook interface.
Setup and Configure Yahoo Mail Account in Outlook 2013 and 2016
- Get started by double-clicking on the Outlook App shortcut icon seen on the desktop
- Select the File tab and go to the Info category
- Now select account option and then account setting in the dropdown
- On the Email tab, select New
- As it is done, move further to get started with the setup of an email account in Outlook 2013 and 2016 with the help of yahoo incoming mail server.
–Enter the full name under the section “Your Name”.
–Once done, type complete Yahoo email address under the section “Email Address”.
–Enter the password to validate your authenticity on the Yahoo account.
–Re-enter the password again.
–Now go ahead with the configuration of an email account using Yahoo mail settings.
–Once the configuration is done, click on finish and then save button to make changes effective.
Setup and Configure Yahoo Mail Account in Thunderbird
With Thunderbird, you can easily set up the new Yahoo email account. But it is mandatory for the users to get the device connected to the internet for creating an account automatically.
Here are the steps to setup and configure Yahoo mail account with Thunderbird.
- Create a profile in the prompted window to opening the Thunderbird Interface
- Enter the account details in the dialog box like your name, email address, and password
- Once the dialog box is displayed, you are asked to add a new email account
- Tick on ‘Remember password’ to prevent yourself entering the password again (Optional)
- Press the continue button doing which a message appears “Configuration found in Mozilla ISP database”
- Tick on the radio button corresponding to the option POP3 and enter the details in the blanks seen in the screen “Yahoo mail pop settings”.
-Server Type : POP Mail Server
-Server Name: pop.yahoo.com
-Connection Security (SSL/TSL): Enabled
- Press the save button to make changes effective.
By following these above-mentioned steps to setup and configure Yahoo email account in Mozilla Thunderbird, you will be able to receive all the Yahoo incoming messages in Inbox folder keeping a copy of mails on the server.
Cant you still make it, dont worry contact Yahoo via officail phone number and get it all done in no time.