Seems like you’re unable to send or receive messages via Gmail using iPhone or any other devices with the latest iOS version… Is it so?
If yes, then an absolute solution is available for your convenience. Here’s a quick guide to fix it.
If you’re encountering terrible errors like:
- Can’t get mails as a connection to the server “imap.gmail.com” failed.
- “Cannot send mails” error occurs spontaneously while delivering the message.
- Error “The mail server ‘gmail.com’ is not responding”. Verify that you have entered the correct account info in Mail settings.
- The SMTP server “smtp.1and1.com” is not responding. Please check your network connection.
then look for solutions to fix Gmail account configuration problems in iPhone device.
Let’s make you aware of the reasons Why Gmail Does Not Work Properly on your iPhone, iPad?
- IMAP settings disabled in Gmail “Forwarding and POP/IMAP”
- Account details like login credentials not entered correctly
- Setup and configuration of Gmail account not done properly
- Problem connecting Gmail to iPhone through SSL
- Compatibility issues of Gmail with latest iOS versions
- Mail client app in iPhone not responsive
- Captcha reset has not been done to enable account access.
We do understand it’s quite irritating for you; being an iPhone or iPad user, when errors come across while fetching important messages in the iOS mail app. You’re quite sure that Gmail password being entered on iPhone is correct, but the problem still persists.
Hope you’ve not messed up with the settings of the mail client on your iPhone device…..
If yes, our speculation is going in a right direction
“The mail server imap.gmail.com is not responding. Make sure you have entered correct account info in mail settings…”
If yes, still we advise you to check it thoroughly and get those re-entered for the proper sync of iCloud mail app with Gmail. Click here for more info.
Here are the noteworthy steps to Fix Gmail Not Responding Problems in iPhone, iPad and iPod Touch.
- Check if other email accounts setup and configured in iPhone app are working properly.
- If yes, then there is an absolute possibility that Gmail account details are entered incorrectly.
- Access the Gmail account on a web browser and click on settings to find out if the IMAP status is enabled or disabled. (If disabled, login to Gmail and click on Gear icon> Settings> Forwarding and POP/IMAP> IMAP Access> Enable IMAP>Save Changes)
- In case, you are using Safari browser in iPhone, click the link to unlock captcha. Press continue button upon reading the message in the new tab.
- Now, make an attempt to access Gmail messages in mobile client again upon getting the message “Account access enabled”
- Now, remove the Gmail account from iPhone mail app and add it again by following the exact procedure:
- Tap on Settings and navigate to Mail, Contacts and Calender.
- Now look for the option “Add Account” in the new slide.
- Tap on it and perform the same action on Google to https://accounts.google.com/b/0/DisplayUnlockCaptcha
Have you lost your gmail password? Read Google account recovery tips to Rrcover Gmail password
Consequences of Gmail not working on iPad, iPhone or iPod.
- Cannot send or receive Gmail messages using iPhone email app
- Upload or download attachments accessing Gmail not possible through iPhone
- Unable to import contacts from Gmail to iPhone mail app
- iPhone mail not syncing IMAP Gmail Inbox messages
- Messages in Gmails labels not getting synced in iPhone Mail App
- Gmail App working fine on iPhone but getting errors using mail App
Do Security Loopholes Play Any Role in Gmail account may not be working on iphone mail app, iPad and iPod Touch?
There can be the several causes of this problem but security loopholes have huge proximity that can be the actual reason behind Gmail stopped working on iPhone, iPad.
Breach of confidential data can be harmful to any person and you are not the exception to it. Maybe you’ve disabled the server settings by mistake or any unknown person might have done the same using your identity. It can be one of the reasons why Gmail app is not working on iPad, iPhone or iPod Touch.
So it’s quite sure after this discussion, you have to look upon the Gmail security settings once again for a while and find out if any illegal activity is being carried out by someone, using your email account details.
Recommendations to Maintain The Security Level of Gmail Account.
Here are the certain recommended steps that can help you find the suspicious activity as well as fix any technical problems that do not let users access Gmail messages on iPhone as well as other iOS devices.
- Check the IMAP status at first instance upon accessing Gmail account.
- If it is disabled and was not done from your end in recent days, then it’s quite sure that someone has access to your account, who has disabled the IMAP.
- Navigate to ‘Device Activity & Notifications’ and check the list of devices that are being used to access Gmail account.
- Check the locations from where unauthorized access (if any) is made to Gmail account by the unknown users.
- In case, anything is found phishy or suspicious, straightaway secure your Gmail account by changing email password as well make modifications in recovery details and account settings.
- Enable two-step verification to help Gmail account get enhanced security.
- Unlock the Captcha by following the prescribed steps in case device blocking is preventing your iPhone mail app from getting synced with any of your Google mail accounts.
- In case the problem still persists, remove Gmail account from the iPhone email client app and set up the same again by entering server details properly.
|Incoming Mail (IMAP) Server||imap.gmail.com
Requires SSL: Yes
|Outgoing Mail (SMTP) Server||smtp.gmail.com
Requires SSL: Yes
Requires TLS: Yes (if available)
Requires Authentication: Yes
Port for SSL: 465
Port for TLS/STARTTLS: 587
|Full Name or Display Name||Your name|
|Account Name, User name, or Email address||Your full email address|
Note: For any help you can communicate with gmail customer care any time any where.