Recover Forgotten Skype Password or Username – Is It Something Tough?
What is the most difficult thing that you have confronted while trying to access Skype? It’s pretty obvious. The problem largely stems from your inability to recall the password. In such a scenario, how are you supposed to fix the issue?
In a situation, where you have forgotten the Skype password, it all comes down to one single factor. One way or the other, you will look for a way to recover the password or that of the username. Taking all the factors into consideration, this does not seem impossible.
However, there is a bit of confusion surrounding the whole process. Moreover, it also boils down to how you look at the situation, from your perspective.
Let’s look at the some of the issues that you face while trying to access the Skype account.
- Haven’t accessed Skype for quite a long time.
- There is also the possibility that you don’t remember the username, which of course make things tough.
- High probability of the account getting hacked or compromised.
There is no easy way out. However, in between, you have to find a way to mend the situation for good. This means you have to consider the alternatives while trying to find a possible way out.
How to Recover Your Skype Password?
As of now, you are looking for a definite answer to the question- how to recover your Skype password? Well, to be precise, it doesn’t seem difficult in the first place. All you have to do is to follow some basic steps, which are being discussed below:
Basic Procedure to Recover Forgotten Skype Password
- Proceed to the Skype login page. Now, enter the Skype Username in the desired field. When you are done, click on the Next button.
- You are then redirected to a new page, where you are required to enter your password. Click on the option- “ Forgot my password”. In the next screen, you are required to select the possible reasons, from the options given below:
- I forgot my password.
- I know my password, but can’t sign- in.
- I think someone else is using my Microsoft account.
- Since you are not in a position to recall the password, select the option- I forgot my password and hit the Next button.
- In the next step, you are then required to enter the CAPTCHA code and click on the next button.
- Herein you are then required to verify the identity for which you have to select the options to receive the security code.
- Your Email address.
- Phone Number
- I don’t have access to any of these.
- When it comes to receiving the Security Code on your email, select the first option. If you are comfortable with the idea of receiving the code on your phone, then choose the second option.
In case, you select your phone number, so as to receive the code, you are then required to enter the last four corresponding digits in the relevant field.
If you are not having any access to your phone number or email address, select the option- “ I don’t have any of these”. To recover the account, follow the on-screen instructions.
- On receiving the Security Code on your phone number or email address, enter the same on the subsequent screen and click Next. You are then redirected to “ Reset your password” page.
- Enter the “New Password” in the relevant field and click on the Next page. You will then get a message on the screen saying – “Your account has been recovered”. From here, click on the “ Next” button and you are then redirected to the Skype – Sign page. Enter the username in the relevant field to access your account.
The procedure related to Skype password change is theoretically very easy and simple. But, in the context of steps involved, it just comes down to following the basic steps.
In here, the question is not just about- How to recover Skype password without changing it? On the contrary, it is more about identifying the key solution to address your immediate concern. Having recovered the password to your Skype account, you will find a way to connect with your friends and colleagues with absolute ease.
How about recovering the forgotten Skype username?
If by any means, you have forgotten the Skype username, there is no apparent reason to worry. Instead, you can use the phone number or email address, which you have utilized to create the Skype account.
On the other hand, if you can’t recall the email address or phone number, then you can try the following measures :
- Seek help from friends: For a change, you can seek help from your friends by asking them about the email address, which you might have used to send them any mail.
- Use a device where you are already signed-in: Try accessing your Skype account from a device where you have already signed-in. If for instance, you are making use of an Xbox, just follow the instructions mentioned in the guide:” Find your Microsoft account email address.”
- Look for emails from Microsoft: Make a conscious effort to look for emails from Microsoft in your email account. In doing so, you will find a way to know about the username that you make use of to access the Skype account.
This is how you are you supposed to recover the Skype account when you are not in a position to recall the username or password. The whole process is geared towards providing you with an alternative, wherein it becomes somewhat easy to retain the account with absolute ease.
Going by the situation you are in, recovering the forgotten Skype password or username does not necessarily seem to be a tough call. In fact, what you have to do is to basically follow some basic steps. When you are done, it then lets you get back the Skype account, which is always beneficial.
When you are not in a position to complete the process, perhaps you can consider approaching the experts from the Skype tech support team. This, in turn, allows prompt assistance and you stand to make a recovery in quick time.