Are you actually getting anxious due to Yahoo account security? If yes, then you are supposed to be in case not aware about Yahoo account key.
“With security breaches happening in the Yahoo account twice, it affected 500 million accounts has actually made the users cautious about the data security threat that can never be underestimated.”
In order to prevent an email account from getting compromised, the Yahoo account key code plays an important part in keeping it secure from malicious activities by hackers on a sudden basis.
How Secure is Yahoo Account Key? A Comprehensive Review
The Yahoo account key is an advanced feature that can help a user to maintain the privacy of emails at ease. This actually nullifies the role of password that is being used to safeguard the Yahoo account against malicious activities.
The rumors of password demise were exaggerated since past many years. But with the advent of account key, it has come true. As everyone knows that the password is quite fragile in the hands of talented hackers who know all techniques to hack it.
The Yahoo account key generator that works with Y! App installed on the smartphone device has diminished the chances of a security breach to a huge extent. As per the security of Yahoo account is concerned, it can be said that the account key feature is completely safe to use.
Even if a hacker comes to know about your account information, he will not be able to access the same if you have replaced password with a unique account key that is quite difficult to crack unless and until it is revealed to the unknown person from your end.
Let’s start with Setup or Enable Yahoo Account Key Using Web Browser
- Navigate to the Yahoo account security page upon successful login
- You will find the message “Secure your account with Yahoo Account Key”
- You will also find the button “See How it works”. Just tap or click on it.
- As you follow this step, Yahoo asks to authenticate the ownership of the account.
- While enabling it, make sure Yahoo mobile App is installed on the smartphone device.
- You are supposed to login into Y! email App with same login details which is being used to enable account key feature through a web browser.
- Once you follow the above-mentioned steps, press the ‘Done’ button to make settings effective.
Now log out of Yahoo account and attempt to login again with Yahoo account key by following the essential steps.
- Go to Yahoo sign-in page and enter login ID
- Click on the next button to receive a notification in Yahoo App
- Check your Smartphone device and tap the notification or open the app
- Now again tap on the account key icon and again tap on Approve
- Once done, you will be asked to enter the account key ion the web browser or tap on the same reflecting on a mobile
With many people having threat about Yahoo account key hack, this is to make them clear that this account key feature is completely different from the password. It can be a tough task for cyber crime professionals to make hacking of Yahoo Account Key possible.
As the Yahoo account key is automatically generated code that appears on the device upon request for the same, hackers cannot get a bit of an idea about the characters that are never repeated again as the code generated is always unique.
What Problems Users Generally Face While Using Yahoo Account Key?
Users; who are not that much technical, prefer using Yahoo password instead of enabling account key feature. Several questions come in the mind of users when they attempt to activate an account key feature. Some of these are enumerated below:
- I can’t receive Account Key Code! How to resend it?
- I never received an Account Key sign-in notification!
- Yahoo Account Key Generator not working
- I cannot generate New Yahoo Account key
- Can’t turn off the account key feature
- Server not responding
- Slow internet connectivity issues
Due to this, a user reverses his decision and wants to remove the security shell by implementing the steps to disable Yahoo account key feature. Once the steps are implemented, users can access his/her Yahoo account with the same password that was being used before.
If you are one amongst those users, who look to disable Yahoo account key feature, but have no idea how to do so using a web browser or Yahoo App installed on mobile. You are advised to go through the below-mentioned steps and implement them carefully.
With Web Browser
- Go to Yahoo account security upon entering the login details
- Alongside Yahoo account key option, click on Manage link.
- As you do the same, you will find the toggle button to enable or disable Yahoo account key feature.
- Click disable Yahoo account key to keep accessing Yahoo mail with the password.
With Yahoo App on Mobile Phone
- Using the Yahoo account key enabled App, Tap on Menu Icon with three horizontal bars
- Tap on the Yahoo account key icon
- Now Tap again on the Manage Account Key
- Use the toggle button to disable Yahoo account key option
- Once done, you can keep accessing Yahoo account using the old