Are you dead set on making Google your default search engine?
Well, why not, since it seems practical and easy to use. Besides, Google has the numbers to indicate why it is so popular among the users worldwide.
The numbers never lie!
If you need it, just Google it – that’s how easy it is. Do you see that with other search engines such as Bing or Yahoo?
Of course not
Now, if you are trying to make Google your default search engine, there are certain steps, which you have to follow. A series of logical steps are rather simple to follow and implement.
How to Change Search Settings?
In order to change the search settings in your web browser, frankly, you don’t have to dig down. A few clicks, here and there and you are done. It is not as complicated, as it appears to be. Irrespective of the type of browser, you can customize it to suit your search engine preferences.
To Change Search Settings into Google: –
- Click the search settings page
- Please ensure to login to your Google account
- Select Google in search settings
- Click Save at the bottom right page
So you see, it takes only a few minutes to change the search settings and you could do so while eating breakfast, over lunch or right before taking a nap. It is that simple.
How to Make Google Default Search Engine on Chrome?
Suffice to say, you are familiar with what Google does. Nevertheless, it is a search engine that basically provides relevant results to what you seek. So, if it comes to a point, where you ask yourself how to make Google my search engine, you might know the procedure as well. If not, we can surely help.
By and large, changing the search engine settings depends on the type of web browser you are using. Let’s look at the procedure involved in changing the search setting in Chrome, Mac, and Internet Explorer.
Procedure to Make Google Default Search Engine on Chrome
As far as making Google the default search engine on Chrome, all you have to do is: –
- Open the Google Chrome web browser on your PC
- Click on the hamburger icon to access the drop down menu
- Click on Settings from the drop- down menu, which will then direct way to the Chrome browser settings page
- On the Chrome settings page, scroll down to the browse section engine and click on the Manage Search Engines and continue by selecting Google as your default search engine.
Once you are done with the task, the changes will get saved automatically. From now on, Google will be your default search engine.
Procedure to Make Google Default Search Engine on Internet Explorer
Since the objective is to make Google the default search engine on internet explorer, the procedure involved is as follows: –
- Open Internet Explorer on your computer
- Click on the down arrow button right next to the address bar
- Click on the Add menu from the drop down button
- You will then be directed towards the Internet Explorer Gallery page
- Look for the Google search icon on the Internet Explorer Gallery page and click on the add button
- A pop up window Add Search Provider will appear on the screen. Click on Add to make Google your default search engine.
Close the internet explorer and restart it and you will have Google as your search engine.
How to Change Search Settings to Google on Firefox?
Well to change search setting to Google on Firefox, you must do the following: –
- Open Firefox in your PC
- From the drop down list, select a search provider
- Choose Google and set it as your default search engine
The procedures prescribed above will help you to change the search engine settings. With Google as your new default search engine, you can certainly do more. However, there are few occasions, where you might hit a roadblock. When things do not plan out the way perceive, it makes a lot of sense to seek the advice of experts, who can be reached at any point of time, regardless of where you are. Get in touch with the professionals by dialing the ever reliable Google customer service number, if you want to gain more insight.