If you backup your iPhone, iPad or iPod touch, it will enable you to access a copy of the information in case your device is replaced, lost or damaged. You probably have some really, really crucial information on your iPhone, that you just can’t afford to lose; be it personal or professional. But in case if your device is stolen, lost or severely damaged, then you can’t retrieve the important content of your phone. That’s why, Apple has bestowed its user with various options to retain their important information.
Ways To Backup Apple Devices
You can backup iPhone to iCloud and iTunes. But before you choose a method to create your backup, Know how backup with iCloud is different from that of iTunes.
How to Backup iPhone, iPad or iPod With iCloud
- Before you start, make sure that your device is connected to a Wi-Fi network.
- After connecting to a Wi-Fi network, Go to “Settings” options, > Enter your name > tap iCloud.
- Now tap on “iCloud Backup” and make sure that the backup is turned on.
- Tap on “Back Up Now”. Don’t let your Wi-Fi network turn off until the process completes.
- After following this series of actions, ensure that the backup is finished. NowGo to Settings > Enter your name > iCloud > iCloud Storage > Manage Storage, then select your device.
After you finish, the backup details like backup time and backup size should appear on your device.
Read also: How to Unlock iCloud Account
Automatically Back Up With iCloud
- To make iCloud automatically creating backup for your device on a daily basis, You need to follow these steps-
- Turn on iCloud Backup in Settings > Enter your name > iCloud > iCloud Backup.
- Connect your Apple device to a power source.
- Now connect it to a wifi network.
- Ensure that the screen of your device is locked.
- By Signing-in your iCloud account, you get 5GB of free iCloud storage. To create a backup for your Apple device, make sure that you have enough space in your iCloud. If you want more storage space for your iPad, iPhone or iPod touch, then you have to pay for it.
Now you will be in a better position to answer the question “how to backup iPhone to iCloud”. Let’s move ahead and see how to create iPhone backup via iTunes.
How To Backup iPhone To Mac
If you are a Mac user, then you can backup iPhone to Mac by the following ways-
- Backup iPhone on Mac via Syncios iPhone Manager
- Backup iPhone on Mac via iTunes
- Backup iPhone on Mac via iOS Data Transfer Tool
Creating A Backup With iTunes
- Connect your iPod or iPhone to your PC.
- Now open iTunes.
- Find Device icon just next to the category dropdown menu and click on it.
- Now select Summary from the sidebar.
- Select Back Up Now under Manually Back Up and Restore option.
- Click Done, after completing the given steps.
If you ever wonder how do I backup my iPhone to my computer then, iTunes is the best way to describe the procedure.
By these two methods, we can create backup and for our crucial data and information, settings, photos, videos, messages, ringtones, but there are few things that can’t be backed up. The list of the things that can’t be backed up and restored is as follows-
- You can’t backup media files synced with your computer, but you can restore them using sync with iTunes.
- TV shows, Apps, books, music that you have downloaded or purchased will be subsequently removed from the App Store and can’t be backed up.
How to restore iPhone from iCloud backup?
After successfully creating a backup for your Apple devices to the iCloud, you should know how to restore your important data. Creating a backup has no meaning if you don’t know how to restore. Here we go with the easy steps in an attempt to restore your important data and information from iCloud.
- In the course of a new iOS device, a Setup Assistance will ask you to “Restore from iCloud backup. Choose this option to proceed with restoring your old apps, data, settings and passwords.
- Enter your iCloud username and password.
- Now you will get to see the three most recent backup options to choose from.
- After you choose one your iPhone or iPad will start the process of restoring.
Enter passwords when prompted. Make sure you don’t obstruct your phone while ongoing progressions. The versions of the restored apps will be the same as you had before the restoring process. In case the older versions don’t exist, then by default, it will restore the latest version.
Hope, with this piece of information, you have developed a fair idea about how to backup iPhone 5 or iPhone 6 to iCloud or computer. But if you still have an unease to perform these steps, or need an expert assistance during the process of creating a backup, then you can contact iCloud customer support number to backup and restore your precious data.